Friday, June 06, 2003

At Cajun Christ's request

Last Friday was the retirement party for Edna, a woman who'd been with my company(anyone who has a good fake name for it, feel free to write in) for 30 year or so, so it was an elaborate affair, complete with wine, shrimp etc. Before the party was called by Sparky's father, the company head, to pick up some masking tape- I assumed for decorations. I wasn't actually in the room for the rest of the party, getting the tape forced to me to the back of the line, out of eye and earshot. It was five days later that I discovered that the tape was for him to "playfully" cover the mouths of the company's two Chinese employees, and point at them and say "Sars! Sars! Sars!" It made feel dirty to be an accomplice, especially an unwitting accomplice, to that sort of shit, and I look forward to the day someone sues and/or punches him the next time he says shit like that. All I know is it won't be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home