Monday, June 07, 2004

Boss Post

I answered this in comments, already, but figured I'd post it here to boost my word count and increase my chances of getting fired:

Alyssa asks
Is your boss's name followed by a "cute" nickname like "the tuna" or "the knife" or anything like that?


No. We used to call him Valchek, back when we were giving the entire office secret nicknames based on characters in The Wire (this backfired amusingly in a story that I will tell in maybe five years or so.)If I had to describe him, I couldn't do better than to steal Pauline Kael's description of Bob Hoskins in Mona Lisa: "a testicle on legs." Also he spends a lot of time running through the halls yelling "Bullshit!" in an Israeli accent.

What happens if you try to quit? Have you ever heard from other co-workers again?


Someone was threatened with: "You'll never work in this industry again! You'll never work in this town again! You don't know who I know!" but the threat was not capable of being backed up. My friends and I are going into our exit interviews, once the blessed day comes, wearing a wire, but he hasn't had said too much of interest to the last few guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home