Sunday, August 26, 2007

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important peepers

I rarely get a smile from the ads on the subway. In fact, I'm most disturbed by how out of date they are, promoting shows and museum events that have long closed, and bragging "Did you ever think you would be able to use your credit card to buy a Metrocard?" But yesterday on the way to PS 1's penultimate warm-up I saw a public service announcement for organ donation telling me that upon his death Jerry Orbach had donated his eyes to medicine.

I'm not creeped out by the fact that two people now have his eyeballs. For some reason, it's oddly comforting, like Lennie Briscoe is still looking out over the city.

Edit: It seems someone has beat me to the punch on this one by many months, and she's funnier too. On the plus side, I've found a new blog to read.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home