Sunday, July 11, 2004

No excuses for the long absence of substantial posts here. It hasn't been from lack of material- over the past three weeks I've seen or reseen Orpheus, Blood of A Poet, Spiderman 2, Before Sunrise (preparation for Before Sunset), The Seventh Seal, Juliet of the Springs, Bound, a third of Andrei Rublev and Blow Up, and have felt no urge to really say anything about them. I read David Hadju's excellent biography of Billy Strayhorn, Lush Life and Steve Hicken's Air Guitar, and I've been procrastinating on a piece for the High Hat (yes, a new issue will come out someday) on Alice Flaherty's book "The Midnight Disease. " I also had a fourth of July trip to Chicago, My writing habits are sadly based on opportunity, or rather lack of opportunity to do anything else- right now I'm sitting in a Starbucks in Time Square, killing some time before seeing Before Sunset.

The blog itself is going thrugh a bit of an identity crisis, I can never decide if it will a personal log of day to day crisises, a shocking expose of our worsening workplace karaoke crisis, art and movie reviews, or a random collection of ephemera from the neighborhood etc.- for the 0 of you interested, I have made no progress on the mystery of Bob Stern. At any rate, more soon.

â?¬

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home