Saturday, June 12, 2004

Astoria Mystery



See this? This is the central intersection of Astoria, Queens- the intersection of Broadway and Steinway street. Huge amount of car traffic, huge amount of foot traffic. And yet, Steinway Street (named, I believe after the Steinway piano guy), has a different sign above it "Bob Stern Way." It seems to have been professionally attached to the street pole, and it's been up there for over a year. But it sounds like a prank- Steinway and "Stern Way." And yet if it was, how has it stayed up so long.


Anyway, I'm going to research it using 311 and possibly some guys who know Queens history, and get back to you all with the first investigative report of "Tell the Truth and Run." I know you are all waiting with baited breath.

Oh, and I didn't go to the rap thing I mentioned earlier- just too tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home